Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Play To The Boy!

So...In an effort to try and save time, I thought.."How about I make a double batch of Swiss meringue buttercream, split it in half, flavor each and then I don't have to make 2 separate batches thereby cleaning twice, sorting ingredients twice, reaching the proper temperature twice, etc."? Well...I think after all these cakes I've been making...I'm crapping out my poor little mixer...The thing that makes me nervous is that it's not little...it's the top of the line Kitchen Aid....I'm talkin big bucks...and only just a few months old too....damn. Good thing I sent in the warranty papers! Anyhow...the mass amount of buttercream was too much and I could hear the little motor slowing down, getting tired...and kinda gettin warm...not a good combination....and then the issue that happens with smaller mixers occurred: not enough power to whip the buttercream into shape....so I ended up with soup. I thought  (in my simple mind) that perhaps if I just kept adding more butter it would fix the problem..."Oh...you have too many ingredients? Here, let's add MORE!!" Not the most brilliant moment in my life....I've  had a few of these....it wasn't until I added an additional 6 cups of butter to the, already, full amount that I came to the conclusion, "this just might NOT work in ,my favor"....so I shut down shop on that...It was nerve racking because I was terrified that I couldn't make my UBER yummy butter cream...but I can....I just have to do in the most tedious manner possible...like everything in my life....it has to be done the hard way. hahaha!!!

Anyhow...the first cake I made for the weekend was a request from a lovely girl who is turning the fabulous age of 18. She write me and says, "Can you make this?"

I reply with, "YES PLEASE!!" And so there it is..I am a hypocrite. Not ALL my creations are unique and different, since the cake I made is a complete copy. The photo above is the cake she asked me to make and the only way for us cake designers to get props for our own unique designs is by GIVING props to those who come up with their own....and we borrow them. So to the owner of this creation, I give you thanks and praise...you rock the Casbar,  I have fallen in love with you (don't tell my husband....lol) And with that, I leave you all with my version of the playboy perfection that is above:
ASHLEY'S BIRTHDAY CAKE







4 comments:

  1. Wow Mireille, these look awesome!!!!! Good job cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat do i need to make this cake
    I want this cake for my 18th bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much is it for this 18th playboy cake ?

    ReplyDelete