Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

For The First Twin...

Ok...So I got an email a few weeks ago regarding my hubby's coworker wanting a cake for her sisters birthday...It wasn't until yesterday that I realized she is a twin! So come this Monday...birthday cake part deux! hahaha!! Anyhow, her sister is HUGE fan of chai, so naturally a chai flavored cake would be the way to go...It was quite yummy...similar to a spice cake...I TOO am now a fan!

The second cake you see is a cake for a boy who is turning 10 today...or...well..at least his party is today....lol Anyhow this cake is themed after Naruto, it's a 2 tier monstrosity with strawberry flavored pulled sugar and gumpaste weapons accompanied by a gumpaste headband....The cake I borrowed this idea from was sent to me by his mum and found on the internet...Yet again, I give thanks to the creator of this masterpiece...It's a fantastic cake to work with, lots of great techniques to play with...and a very LARGE piece of art! It stands an entire foot high and is 100% edible...as always...lol On the inside is marble cake with scrumptious strawberry frosting...SOOOO DEEEE-LISH!

This is similar to another that I had done previously...



This cake is $150.00



This is the original creation that I duplicated





This is my creation taken from the one above. The birthday boy LOVES the color orange so we made the bottom tier the orange one

The most important piece to this cake is the headband...It was absolutely necessary for the birthday boy

Lots of close-ups of the pulled sugar. It too is flavored with strawberry, and pulled to look like fire.

This is a marble cake with strawberry frosting

Throwing star...







This cake is $160.00

No comments:

Post a Comment