Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

And The Days Go By.

As time goes by I get closer and closer to the realization that maternity leave is temporary...A year goes by quickly when you're having fun...and this year has been the most fun EVER. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and mine is getting closer by the day. Come the new year, I shall be a worker bee once more and my adventures in Cakeland/Mommyville shall be slashed drastically. It seems, however...that those days are starting sooner then later anyhow...well at least the slashing of the cakes. About 2 weeks ago, my infant had learned the art of crawling...which was QUICKLY followed by climbing...which led us to 5 1/2 hours in the ER just to hear the Dr. say, "oh ya...that...we don't so anything for that...it's kind of a useless part of the body...have a nice night!" It's the piece that connects your upper lip to your gums...go ahead...feel for it...you may have it...or you may not...my baby no longer has his...A little piece of advice for all you new parents out there...if your baby decides to smash his/her face and bleed...expect blood...I mean LOTS of blood.....It was October 30th, and we're walking around Walmart as our sleeping infant drooled blood...and it's not until we got into better lighting that we noticed the poor little guy had a RING OF BLOOD around his lips...and this was about 3 hours after initial contact....Oh dear...Can you say "parent of the year"??? WTF!? Poor little guy!!! Funny thing though...we sort of fit in...I mean...it WAS almost Halloween after all.....HA!

So with that being said...he's fine...and has since discovered the art of furniture walking....the house is becoming baby proofed...again. I thought I was done this part!! I had to go around the cupboards yesterday and put locks under the kitchen and bathroom sinks...where all the chemicals are...and in the process, I tore one of them little buggers off its' hinges...damn. I lost my balance and fell on it...this is sort of the opposite effect I was hoping for....lol Oh well...they were ugly anyhow...I wonder what Tony would do if I accidentally tore out the flooring?...hmmmm.....(I'll get back to you on that one....lol)

So what does ANY of that ranting have to do with cakes? I can't MAKE a cake when I am RUNNING after my infant...toddler...damn....I think he's not an infant anymore is he? sigh....all grown up....Anyhow...no matter how you look at it he's hell on 2 feet and puts EVERYTHING in mouth and FREAKS when I leave the room, and follows me EVERYWHERE......so the caking must be done when daddy is home...
Which means my cutbacks must be even greater...Originally I was thinking no more then 2 in a 48 hour stint...but I just did that and still ended up staying up till 2 in the morning because my day was filled with playtime....And what makes decorating a cake till that late, worse, is the horrible haunting nightmares you get with the sleep that follows.... Before bed, I was making a monkey out of a tootsie roll but the damn thing kept drooping and falling apart, so I dreamed all night that my cake was falling apart....It's a horrible feeling! (Last week I had a dream that the baby was licking a gross/germy coffee pot, and when I came to, I was reaching over the side of the bed, feeling in mid air, near the floor in a panic, trying to grab the pot away from him....I'm a dummy....but there's something really funny about having your consciousness kick in when you're in the middle of doing something  really stupid.....I managed to embarrass myself in the middle of the night with nobody around to notice...yup.) NEVER bring me to a hypnotist...EVER.

So the cakes have to be one per order per day...I need a few days in between to focus on keeping Hurricane Cakezilla from attacking my kitchen....sigh...How I wish I had my own space and true business to do this with...Oh well...I will just enjoy what I can....I love my family...and I love my cakes...and I will soon need to work again...so everything needs it's own personal attention...and affection....speaking of which....

Two of my friends had kids with birthdays today and so they asked me to make the cakes....

The first one is for a 2 year old. Originally she wanted it to be a monkey themed cake...but we were both shocked at the lack of monkey stuff in town...so we went with a monkey/jungle theme....It was fun...making this cake brought back that feeling of bliss while decorating....the next time I will add more/different leaves to the top tier as well...

The second cake is for my friends 9 year old who loves Pokemon...This character's name is Lugia...and I went for a mock 3D effect on it...He stands out but in a "bubble" sort of way....I like the final product....It worked out well....


This is a marble cake with banana frosting


And this is what my cakes look like on the inside! yay!



$150.00  This comes with the toys...either jungle, or monkeys...whatever is needed to fulfill the idea...

This is a chocolate cake with chocolate and vanilla frosting




$100.00

So there you have it.....Next weekend there will be no posts because my hubby is taking me to tropical island of Edmonton for our 4 year anniversary...VERY exotic...I plan on coming back SUPER dark and relaxed from the beaches of Old Navy, Lululemon, Ikea, Winners...SO EXCITED!!! Only a short 5 hour flight on air Tucson which will be JUST fine as he got us seats in FIRST CLASS....that's right baby...I get to sit all the way in the front! BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Until next time! Happy caking! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ray I love you! The lip thingy ya Jayden lost hers around 2. She slipped in the tub. I was happy though because hers was too long and hurt and bled when we brushed her teeth. Now we don't have to worry about having it cut when she is older! Bad mom!!

    Sorry to hear you have to go back to work. I wish you could stay home and buy a small space and open your business! You will one day. Never give up on your dreams.

    Hope you have a fabulous trip to Edmonton! Enjoy first class, never flew that before! lmao Keep up the great work. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete