Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Hour Famine...uh..I Mean...DECORATING....

Ya...that's right..THIRTY hours...STRAIGHT...no sleep no breaks..well except when I had those crackers and cheese....and then that pot of coffee.....

I'm exhausted..I JUST finished the fourth cake....and two of those cakes had baby cakes to go with them....so in essence, I had 6 cakes in 2 days.....and they weren't small either....

Now here's the thing I struggle with...I put myself out there saying that I can make these things for you...and I WANT to make these cakes for you..it's my thing...I advertise, you call/email...I decorate..simple, no? NO...I have this TERRIBLE conscience and am unable to say no...because I'm a people pleaser...I WANT to make people happy, and I don't want to disappoint them when they make a request...but sometimes that gets me into deep cake batter....and that stuff is REALLY hard to swim in!

So here is my NEW vow! no more than TWO cakes in any 48 hour span...so 2 cakes in 2 days or two cakes in one day with nothing the day before them...or after.....it's just too  much and the end result is I feel like I can't love the production NEARLY as much  as it deserves to be loved....I feel like I'm ripping you off because I then get into business mode..."must make cake"....not.."Oh wow! This is going to be AWESOME!!!!!" (which is where I want to be for these types of things...I want to love it...not loath it....lol

So here it is....my new rule of thumb. Poor Tony was cleaning up the aftermath from the cake baking/decorating hurricane of madness....I was making a mess faster then he could clean it up! He swore he would never do that too..I guess I must have looked pretty sad..hahahaha!!!

Anyhow, it wasn't all bad...I think they turned out pretty nice...and considering I am currently typing on a double keyboard (or...well...at least that's what my brain is thinking at the moment....) I'd say my focus lasted just long  enough not to drive to the wrong house to deliver the wrong cake...or put the wrong frostings in the wrong cakes.....that would NOT be a good thing! hahahah!!!

OOOHHHH!!!!! AND the BEST part of todays cakes were the 13 year old's birthday gift from MOI! or..well..my cousin.

If you don't already know, my cousin, Janick Arseneau was on the tv dance show called, "So You Think You Can Dance Canada"...and she made it to the final FOUR! Yup...she's that good....she's fearless, strong, graceful, talented and on her way to one HELL of a dance career! Anyways...one of the cakes I made today was for a girl who is turning 13 and is ALSO a dancer! So I got my aunt to send me a photo of the top 4 dancers, signed and wishing her a happy 13th birthday! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!! hahahaha!!!

Anyhow..here's what came of it!
So...I had to play with her name because....well...as you can see...it's crooked...but then again, so is the entire cake...odd.....lol

Londyn's very own cake to smash to smithereens! (It's FULLY loaded with frosting...YA!)

Poster sent by my aunt for the birthday girl....signed by my cousin (far left) and the other 3 top 4 dancers....Denys (far right) was crowned the winner..BOO! lol jk....)



The cake for the birthday girl..I really wish I would have gotten a better shot of this one! It's a topsy turvy cake....and FAR more level! lol It turned out WICKED! 

Cakes #4 & 5 I like em.....but I'm bias....HA!

Zee booties...with leetle froggies..I like! tee hee hee!!!!



And the PiĆ©s de Resistance!  What`s October without at least ONE Halloween cake??I mean,  Really....c'mon now...that would just be silly.

ya....it's a 360 cake....they're just more fun that way! lol

zee skulls.....
Now...I didn't make all this stuff myself....my roommate and I worked on the gear...and  I was the lucky one that got to decorate it! yay!!!! It were EPIC and as my sister in law would say..."made of WIN!"
OH! And I should also state the following:
This Halloween cake was originally a request, but I didn't think I could make it because I was afraid it would colapse on itself...so this was actually more of an experiment...but a COOL experiment! hahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment