Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baby Dora Sans The Princess

Dora cake - CHECK!
Baby Shower cake - CHECK!
Princess cake - CHE....uh...wait...D'OH!!!!

No princess cake this time around....Transportation became an issue...and therefore we had to scratch the order...I'm so terribly sad...but on a lighter note, I broke the tiara anyhow, so perhaps it was a sign...Might have to pull an EPIC stunt off for this little girl who only just wanted to be a princess for her 4th birthday!!! Maybe a birthday for Christmas? I don't know...SOMETHING though cuz EVERY girl deserves to be a princess!!!

On to the good...
I made cakes upon cakes upon cakes this weekend...it's 4am and the only reason I'm awake at this disgusting hour is because I JUST finished the baby shower cake....which needs to be delivered tomorrow by noon...It's alright though because it NEEDED to be done in this fashion as the insides are holding fresh berries which can't really be left to sit for too long...so here we are, trying to get some down time in before I hit the sack for about 4 hours just to start my day all over again...at least the cake journey is over....this week anyhow...sort of...it's more like a break before I start on new projects...Halloween is coming up and I fully intend on making it spooky...TASTY...but spooky....lol I've even recruited Joey (my son) to design me a cake...Although, in exchange for this job he says he wants half the pay...I told him it was for the purpose of advertisement...so he said no.... rotten little bugger...FINE...I shall come up with spooky on my own!

The Dora cake turned out really cool...as did the baby shower cake....
I have to admit though, that the baby shower cake was starting to give me grief..could be because I was hitting hour 16 on cake design for the day...or it could be that I opted to NOT foil the cardboard before placing the cake on it, therefore allowing the buttercream to bleed....ick...so I made some crafty adjustments and VOILA! A fully loaded board with no real sign of failure!

The girl who ordered it said the baby was due on the 15th of January...so I put it in there...and she also said not to make the cake all blue and stuff...so I made it green and purple...although it looks green and blue in the shots...but it's really not! I just didn't want it to be violet and therefore girly....so I had to make it somewhat bold....anyhow it turned out wicked and I'm SUPER proud of it (and of ME!!!! yay!!)

So there we have it. Another weekend come and gone...cakes were made, themes were duplicated yet with a different design...

And I ate steak tonight....None of you know this about me but, I have allergies...TONS of allergies...the biggest being celery...if I eat it RAW..I could die..if I eat it COOKED...I'm fine...I don't know I don't get it either...whatever...Yes, yes...I know...WTF dude? It's cellulose and WATER! WTF!?? Well..anyhow, I AM allergic, found out the hard way...and can't ever eat it raw again...which SUCKS cuz it's my favorite veggie. damn. Anyhow...I'm ALSO allergic to grass...and cows EAT grass...and WE eat COWS...find the connection? Ya...so for over 2 1/2 years I had eaten no beef...and today I gave in and had a bit of hubby's steak...it was bliss....cooked perfectly to a medium rare, seasoned juuuust right...straight from the BBQ and had JUST the perfect amount of marbling, making it even more tender then from the cut of beef itself....it was orgasmic...we sat and ate...and ate....and our eyes rolled into the backs of our heads as we felt everything in the world melt away while our mouths and brains thoroughly enjoyed their...steak. mmmmm.......it was heaven...thank you Ms. Heffer...you made my day!

Anyhow....that's about it for now...I need to sleep...so until next time....happy caking!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment