Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Jewels Of All Colors...Red And Green And Black And Blue....

Ok...so I hadn't disappeared...just jumped on the relaxing wagon after my epic tumble across my baby gate with a MASSIVE pot of turkey broth from Thanksgiving dinner....it was crazy...I thought for SURE that I had broken my knee and damaged myself for life...and figured I would never be able to run again (not that I've done anything remotely close to running in the past year and a half.....but whatever...the IDEA that I CAN'T anymore made cry...or was that from th pain?...huh.. let me think......) Anyways I HAD to get a shot of the results from my stunning fall which would likely get a 10, even from the Russian judge at the Olympics....that is...if clumsiness were a classified as a sport...I could teach it I do it so well! Honestly...I was almost graceful as I was slowly gliding through the air with 25lbs of turkey broth in my hands accompanied by the classic "HOLY SHIT!!!" look on my face (The kind you see on movies such as American Pie, or something Jim Carry might do)....It was truly an American Express moment...priceless....And my delicious pot of turkey broth? Smashed perfectly on the floor-flat as though I had placed it gently....except, it just wasn't gentle...it was hard and loud...BUT the only real spillage was the turkey facial that I was so fortunate to receive as broth came flying up and in my eyes....my vision was skewed for the rest of the night...and the next day I couldn't help but notice how soft my face was...
Anyhow here's what my knee got to experience....This part was SO NOT COOL.....

psssst...it's the left one.....lol

in case you're wondering...I'm not like Olive Oil...my knees are NEVER this big in comparison to the rest of my legs...hahaha!!!

THESE were the GOOD jewels....I got my kit last week and have been playing around with different colors and flavors..mmmm....candy gemstones!!!!






Anyhow....moving on....
I have a friend who had a little baby girl a year ago and for her very first birthday, I was asked to make a coconut birthday block cake....The blocks were for mom and dad and the little cake was for the birthday girl...lots and lots and LOTS of frosting....plenty to make a big òl mess with....
And she loved it...I'm still waiting on getting a photo of her smashing it to smithereens...How cute that would be!!!

Her name is Kimaya, and she's the cutest baby girl EVER...smaller then my baby...who's 3 months younger then her...and full of fire! She's a bundle of energy who's been running around since she was 9 months old....Nathan just started crawling....and he's nearly 10 months old now...I'm ok with that...hahaha!!!!
My cousin and his gf are stying with us in our basement....and they are both teachers....that has NOTHING to do with cakes..BUT it's the story behind what the teachers are doing that has to do with cakes! Nicole and the rest of her fellow staffers had decided to draw names for birthday cakes to give to each other...and today she was to bring in HER cake....so yesterday I became her assistant and together we created this stunning artwork dedicated to an EA who LOVES the color red and has a VERY classy look about her....so we decided to go with her interests.....





This was my first attempt at draping...and we waited too long to decide how to get it on....resulting in a little bit of elephant skin...but honestly...we're pretty impressed with ourselves! haha!! It turned out pretty nice! We decided on red roses because they are lovely...and after it was finished, Nicole put a beautiful shimmer on the draping, making it look more like silk and after that, I frosted each petal tip with red glitter gel to give it that extra touch of elegance....In the end, I think we pulled it off VERY well...and like everything else in life...it only gets better from there...Now having tackled the "dreaded draping" I know what is necessary to pull it off more successfully and can't wait to try it again!!!!

And then this morning I had to finish another cake that was requested by the lovely Lisa (one of my favorite clients....) It's fairly self explanatory...tee hee hee!! I thought it turned out quite nicely...I loved her design idea, and choice of colors...very bold, yet dainty....she's such a fabulous lady....






And tonight I work on duplicating Cake Boss's "80's Theme Cake" sans the boom box....and instead of the pink, it's been requested to be teal....It's going to rock like Poison's Hair did....AWESOME!

And another project due this coming Monday....Wait for it...it's gonna be damn cool......I even get to use my silver and gold edible paint!!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and amazing cakes!! Wow you are so talented ;)

    ReplyDelete