Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Alright alright..the oven....



No no...It was no joke...I REALLY almost burned down my house....But I kind of blame the oven company...the broil function should honestly come with a caution sign....Here's the scenario...ready? Go!

Me, "I think I'll make an apple cobbler with the rest of your favorite apple crisp, apples Tony, How does that sound?..Oh...I know you can't get them anymore this year, but I PROMISE it'll be really tasty! Just let me finish this mountain of dishes first and I'll get right on it!

Tony, "You're an idiot."

Me, "Hmmm....why isn't it getting CRISP on top like it's SUPPOSED TO!? GRRRR!!!"

Tony,"Why don't you try broiling it for a couple of minutes? That should do it..."

Me,"Brilliant! How does it work? Oh HERE! push the button!"

Tony,"I don't think we should leave it for too long...you never know what could happen, right?"

Phone rings...or Joey called us, or someone came to the door....oh, no..wait, I remember...we went to the computer to look at stuff on Kijiji...which was absolutely NOT important....

Me,"HOLY S$#%!!!!, THE CRISP IS ON FIRE!!"

We open the oven door to assess the situation....

Tony,"What should we do????!!!"

And here's the winner of ALL comments...."close the door. and wait till it goes out!"

So Tony closes the door but grabs the fire extinguisher...sprays the damn thing in the WRONG DIRECTION and hits the side of the oven (NOT the fire) and white powder goes EVERYWHERE including my freshly washed mountain of dishes.....
We looked at each other with "holy crap!" eyes and he sprays again FINALLY getting the fire.

Eh hem.....sooooo...who wants a cake?

Photo:
The MOUNTAIN of dishes....This was in between having a dishwasher...I was less than pleased.
The oven...post pyrotechnics
Tony and Joey basically laughing at the situation...They didn't have to clean any of the mess....Technically it was TONY'S fault ya know...
Tony being grossed out by the residue left by the extinguisher. He then walked away. We have a NEW one now...
mmmmm....Apple crisp anyone? GROSS!!!!! hahahahaha!!!

I have since decided that apple crisps are NOT my forté...thus leaving me to bake at a reasonable temperature for an amount of time that doesn't require eagle eye attention. Fondant doesn't hurt people...I'm friends with fondant.

Oh ya...and one more thing...That oven you see? It was brand new at the time....

WELCOME TO CHEZ EVANS'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment