Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

SCORE!!!!

So yesterday was a bittersweet day....
We decided to go to Edmonton to get some gear...all sorts of gear...Soccer gear, kitchen gear, but most importantly...CAKE gear!!

We started off in true Evans fashion by sleeping in. Damn. We woke up 2 1/2 hours later than originally anticipated and were late getting out. Then Joey decided to stay home...making us fight the constant urge to rush out the door...because that's what makes people forget stuff...pffft...Not like WE ever do that...never....(Enter sarcasm here...)

Anyway, we got going with everything we needed and as it turns out we only forgot the stroller....Not like it was important anyhow...we just bought a new one...cuz that's how we roll dontcha know?....

ok...so BAD news....Near Athabasca...we dove past the scene of a car accident. If you read this and you are related to those involved, my deepest sympathies if you have lost a loved one. For those of you who haven't heard about it...it was not pretty...and I only pray there were no casualties....unfortunately...from what we could see...I can't say for sure that this was the case.

Carrying forward.
Edmonton was ok...it is what it is...you go, you shop, you stay over night (if you're smart....note we didn't...eh hem...) BUT...our timing was impeccable...We were to meet a woman for purchase of a table at 2:30 and pulled into the parking lot at 2:28. Perhaps we are not the most organized when it comes to travel...but don't mess with us when it come to punctuality! In a matter of four...count 'em FOUR hours...we went to Eurosport, Walmart, Toys-R-Us, Michaels, Future Shop, and a few different Timmy's...Oh, and a few other places that shall not be named (Cuz they be for Christmas and little eyes may find their way to this blog! tee hee hee!!). We are ROCKSTARS.

The drive was great with an amazingly well behaved little baby...Tony and I poking fun at each other and trying to see who can embarrass who in Walmart. The problem we face with that is, we're both kind of immature and therefore we don't really get embarrassed. The end result is usually 2 grown adults making asses of themselves...but nobody knows us and we seem to think that this is enough justification to carry on with the stupidity...Whatever...we're dumb.

Anyhow...everything was rather plain about the trip until I went to Michaels and Toys-R-Us. Scored some SWEET toys for cake toppers, found some awesome cookie cutters for Halloween, more shimmery stuff, more decorating stuff...and now I need to find more storage....again...damn.

We pulled this entire trip off in 1 day...left at 9am...and pulled back into our driveway at 1:30am the next morning...night...whatever...all we knew was, we were tired as hell and could practically taste the bed sheets.

This morning I awoke to little ideas popping up like crazy in my head about this weekends' twists to go with my requests..I'm SO excited!! I get to use my gumpaste extruder, and design stuff for princesses soccer gurus & brand new little babies!! This could very well be the highlight of the year....at least until the next round of cakes!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad there are no pix of you two in Wally's World... They have a special website for 'clients' of WW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHA! I've seen those! I'd fit in nicely! lol

    ReplyDelete