Welcome My Little Monsters!


This blog allows you to follow me as I learn new tricks here and there...you can watch as I dive into EPIC failures that you are bound to laugh at (like the time I set my oven on fire...ya...I'm AWESOME) and I'm putting it aaalllll on here...so you can follow me and decide for yourself whether or not to come to me or to go to them...even if you just visit my blog for fun and laughs...that's cool...I'll enjoy the company!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Royal Indeed......


So in an effort to tap into my creative genius I thought I could use a clay gun to make string from fondant and gum paste...the tool comes with 20 different patterns to choose from and looks AMAZING and I fell in LOVE with it the instant I saw it....then I went to use it and could smell (what I thought smelled like) WD40...D'OH! so...plan B...I have MANY plan B's...and this was the first one...Royal icing. I figured I could try it 2 different ways...one would be the drop string style and the other could be the dotted effect. On the off chance that one breaks...I figured if there WOULD be a break it would be from the drop string tiara as the lines were quite thin....and I was right....and I was wrong...they both broke...but I honestly think it's because the princess in me just REALLY wanted to see what it would look like all on its' own before it was ready to be taken apart from its' wax paper home.....

So...another plan B...FIX IT!!! I don't think you can see where it was broken because it's in the very back (On BOTH tiaras! WTF dude??) But they're both SOOOO cute!!!


pictures....for my cake to come this weekend....



This is the finished product of the dotted effect tiara.
This is the drop string Tara...It's still holding on to dear life after surgery to fix a broken arm in the back...I'll leave that one till tomorrow to take apart....

Aaaaand..I am also making my VERY FIRST BABY SHOWER cake!! You don't even KNOW how excited I am about this...I've been stching to make one for MONTHS now...and I think I may go overboard just cuz...well I'm dumb...well at least I'm going to go overboard with my PRE-decorations....I can't say that they'll all make it to the cake....but here is a little photo of ONE detail that might make it on....


This is just a quick snap of multiple teeny tiny feet that might make it somewhere on the cake.....not all of them as there are a few that look as though they have a growth of some sort on them....but a few....below this shot is about the same amount of left feet...they are all about 3/4" long...SO TINY!! tee hee hee!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heart your blog!
    The dotted effect tiara is beautiful. So is every single other one of your cakes and cupcakes. I especially heart the cake with bugs in the grass!!
    Keep up the awesome work Mireille!
    *Sonya*

    ReplyDelete